The mission of Bleckley County Elementary School is to challenge and motivate students to be the best they can be.
|Bleckley Elementary Succeeds Together
Bleckley Elementary School opened its doors on January 2, 1997. Our third and fourth graders came from the original Bleckley Elementary (now Bleckley Primary) and our fifth graders came from Bleckley Middle School. We were committed to joining together as one school and chose as our school motto, "Bleckley Elementary Succeeds Together." Within one year, BCES was named a 1998 Dream School by the State School Superintendent and a legacy of excellence was begun. Our test scores rank among the top of the state and our efforts are continually recognized because administration, faculty, staff, and students strive to be the BEST in every area.
Bleckley Elementary School was named a 2007 Georgia School of Excellence, one of 13 schools in the state honored for greatest continuous gains in student achievement in reading and mathematics over a three-year period.
Other BCES accomplishments and awards:
- Made Adequate Yearly Progress (AYP) for 9 consecutive years
- Recognized by the Georgia Governor's Office of Student Achievement in 2006, receiving a Bronze Award for the highest percentage of students meeting and exceeding standards and a Platinum Award for greatest gain in students meeting and exceeding standards
- Named a Title I Distinguished School in 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009
- Chosen as a stop on the Georgia Partnership for Excellence in Education's statewide tour of schools in 1999 and again in 2007
- Accredited with quality by the Georgia Accrediting Commission
- Received many "Reading Renaissance" Model School, Model Library, and Model Classroom awards since 1997
- Awarded numerous grants including a Georgia School Improvement Grant, a Georgia Outdoor Classroom grant, a Learn and Serve Grant, a Learn and Serve America Planning and Implementation Grant, several Georgia Technology Literacy Grants and Best Buy Te@ch Award Grants